The DRC INSIGHT™ Online Learning System (DRC INSIGHT) is a secure, web-based system that supports and enhances the testing experience for students and educators. It is a proven and extremely reliable online testing platform, having successfully delivered tens of millions of online assessments for large-scale state programs, including high-stakes summative assessments (grades 3–8 and high school, end-of-course, and English language learner); interim and formative assessments; classroom diagnostic assessments; and adult education assessments.
A truly integrated system, DRC INSIGHT incorporates computerized testing with dynamic reporting and a popular suite of educator and administrator tools. Our secure system has been developed and maintained in-house, offering maximum control and flexibility for our clients’ programs.
Key features of the system include:
- Secure, online delivery of high-stakes summative assessments (grades 3–8 and high school, end-of-course, and English language learner); interim and formative assessments; classroom diagnostic assessments; and adult education assessments
- Support of all assessment types, including summative, formative, diagnostic, and benchmark/interim assessment types
- Flexible test design for both computer-adaptive tests (CATs) and fixed-length formats
- Powerful suite of diagnostic tools and resources to support technology readiness in schools and districts
- Secure, web-based browser for high-stakes testing on multiple platforms: desktop and laptop computers, tablets, netbooks, and virtual environments
- Student-friendly testing interface with numerous embedded universal accessibility and accommodation tools
- Interactive reporting system featuring engaging, drill-down reports that can dynamically link to units, lesson plans, and curricular resources to help guide instruction and remediation
- Integrated item banking system capable of importing, authoring, and delivering numerous item types, including selected-response, items with passages, constructed-response, writing prompts, scenarios and performance events, and technology-enhanced items
- Leading industry standards in interoperability and data security that ensure tests perform as required and student and test data remain confidential and secure throughout delivery and processing
- Data analysis and warehousing solution capable of interfacing with client data systems for storing student and test data across years
DRC INSIGHT’s intuitive, easy-to-use interface means minimal training time for administrators and teachers, and minimal practice time for students to acclimate to the testing environment. Further, DRC INSIGHT offers the convenience of a one-stop approach: all test setup and administration functions are accessed through a single sign-on client portal. The DRC INSIGHT educator portal provides tiered, secure access to testing software downloads, tutorials, enrollment and precode, test session setup, scoring and reporting, and educator resources. System users will only ever need one login to access key system modules, tools, and resources.